The Diamond Club - 10 Year Anniversary
We're in the tenth year since the formation of the Diamond Club. This EMU Baseball Letterwinner sponsored group has grown substantially over the years. The Diamond Club was seeded in 2011 by ten former players who wanted to provide a direct avenue to support the program. Former Players = Supporting Current Players.
Since 2011 we have raised nearly $75,000 and in the most recent two years have raised almost $15,000 each year. With the help of new Diamond Club members or those wishing to participate in this year's crowdfunding we hope to get the total to $100,000 by raising $25,000. Though a monstrous task we hope that the multiple budget cuts made to baseball this year can inspire our loyal followers to rise up.
We are always looking for new members to make the promise of a minimum $100 donation each fall and since the inception have had requests from former operations and parents to join. We naturally receive all supporters with open arms and as of today we have 54 former players, two operations staff, and one parent for a total of 57 members.
To gain perspective please see below - 100% of the money goes to EMU Baseball:
EMU Baseball Alumni - Diamond Club
● Founded in 2011 - seeded by a group of 10 supporters and former letter winners.
● Originally was solely EMU Baseball alumni donating to baseball.
● Group now includes 57 letter winners, 2 former Ops personnel, and 1 parent supporter.
● Minimum promise/pledge is $100 each fall.
● Since 2015 the Diamond Club has raised over $10,000 each year.
● The donations were originally general dollars to support the program but since we began formally identifying an “item or items,” the DC has raised upwards of $15,000.
● Examples: New Team Uniforms, Video Software, Rapsoto Software, Synergy Sports Technology.
● Use of crowdfunding began in 2018 and increased momentum: https://donate.emich.edu/g/athletics
● Four board members meet monthly with Head Coaches, Associate AD(s), and Development Officers.
● Main three fundraising events are: Golf Outing, Crowdfunding, and Formal Dinner.
● Other events are: Alumni Game, Football Tailgates, Baseball Alumni events in spring.
● President of the Diamond Club board maintains an email list and communicates directly, reinforcing Athletic Department Messaging. Email lists get compared annually.
● This is our program - coaches and administration may change but the Alumni Group remains. Since 2011 EMU Baseball has had three Head Coaching changes and two Athletic Director changes, yet the support continues to grow.
2016 $10,100 New Uniforms
2017 $11,000 Video Equipment
2018 $13,906 Rapsodo - https://donate.emich.edu/project/11069/wall
2019 $15,224 Synergy Sports Technology - https://donate.emich.edu/project/16616
9 Yr. Totals $74,540
Brandon White - EMU Baseball ‘89 - ‘92
Diamond Club President // firstname.lastname@example.org // (734) 564-0030